Investing in the stock market doesn't have to be like casino gambling, by knowing a few fundamental strategies, anyone can become a better, more-informed investor. A few principles from paydayok to keep in mind are:
- Risk matters. Weigh how much risk you're willing to take versus the possible return.
- Diversify. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Buy yourself a margin of safety.
- Don't be afraid to experiment. You can always make adjustments later on.
- Invest for the long haul. Timing the market rarely works.
- Concentrate on asset allocation - how you divide your money between stocks, bonds and other assets.